C++ Learn To Program - Multidimensional Arrays & Loops to Create Patterns - Pt4: Drawing Box Part 4 of 9
Implement multi-dimensional arrays
Additional interaction with file I/O
The pattern will be held in a 15 x 15 multi-dimensional array
There are 6 different patterns
2. Letter X
3. Plus sign
4. Bordered Letter X – box around the x
5. Bordered plus sign – box around the plus
- The pattern can be filled in with any character
- Fill in the grid with the given character
- Print the array to the file
- All patterns must be created using nested loops.
- Validate the pattern number
-If the pattern number is invalid, print an error message
- Comment your code generously. Refer to the grading rubric for more details
- Use as few variables as possible. Don’t waste memory holding a calculation just so you can print
it out one time.
- Program must have at least 3 functions other than main
- The function chain cannot be more than 2 levels deep
- All input will be read from a file named input.txt.
- All input will be the proper format and within the proper range for the data type.
- Each line will contain 2 pieces of information
- The pattern number
- The fill character
- The format of each line will be:
- [pattern numbe][space][fill character][new line]
- The last line in the file will not contain a new line character.
- All output will be written to a file named patterns.txt.
- Each pattern will be drawn to the file using the specified fill character
- Print 2 blank lines between each pattern/error message
DOWNLOAD SOURCE FILES: http://www.codinghomework.com/c-learn-program-c-multidimensional-arrays-loops-create-patterns-pt4-c-drawing-box/